Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Innovate the Pixar Way Book Review

The other day, I finally finished reading Innovate the Pixar Way by Bill Capodagli and Lynn Jackson, authors of The Disney Way, which I plan to buy next. It is a fantastic exploaration of how Ed Catmull, John Lasseter, Steve Jobs and the rest of the Pixar brain trust created a company around a simple philosophy: "Quality is the best business plan." And it has worked!

In the book, they have given examples of how it has been done and explains how you can bring these types of business traits to your own company...or life, for that matter. Since I do not own a company myself, it has brought insight to traits I should look for in my future employers or advice I can take to my current boss. Not only do they analyze Pixar in great detail, but they also give you some insight on how Google, Men's Warehouse, Nike, Target and other leading organizations.

I totally recommend this book! It's an easy read that took me way too long, but it shouldn't take you long at all.

Related Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment