Friday, May 1, 2009

75 Ways To Draw More

Do you draw? Or should I say, do you draw enough? I think many of can answer that question with a simple "no." It's unfortunate, but the reality is we get caught up in work, school, and distractions that drawing is always on the back burner. Truth be told, drawing is extremely important in any aspect of design. As much as we love to rely on the computer for our design needs, it just isn't practical relying on it to do all the work. It's something that you need to practice and continue to do as much as you can.

Drawing lets you quickly get ideas out of your head and on to the paper. It's extremely cheap and fast, so why do we put it off? Are we scared that we are not good enough at traditional art that we stray away from the dreaded pencil and paper? Well, whatever your case may be, it's time to get over it! Start drawing! Draw everyday. Draw anything and everything you can.
But, just in case I wasn't able to get my point across, Michael Nobbs has just the thing to really help you to draw more. I came across his Flickr account this past week and was immediately intrigued at the creativity and very simple way to influence and inspire others to simply draw. He has created a few simple illustrations that are free to download, creating a booklet of 75 ideas to get you away from the TV and drawing more.

This is truly inspiring and has actually gotten me to start drawing more myself. I still need to work on drawing more, so to force myself to I will post some of my drawings that spark from this. You may laugh or cry, but at least I'm drawing. I highly suggest checking his work out and printing a booklet for yourself. Oh, and if you decide to start drawing more, make sure to show me some of the masterpieces that were sparked by this!

Related Posts



4 comments:

  1. I absolutely need to start drawing more. I accept your challenge (well, that's the way I took it:) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're drawing more (and many thanks for the mention).

    If you don't already know there is now a Flickr group for people who want to draw things inspired by the list in the booklet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it Michael! This was such an awesome idea, I had to spread the news!

    I'll be keeping tabs on your work from now on. Big fan! Take care and thanks for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete