Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vintage Design Examples: 1950-1960

Just today I was reading through my usual blog lists and came across an interesting gallery on 1950's and 1960's color and design. Although random, I thought it was really helpful seeing what older illustrations looked like back then and the way they designed. Instead of just stealing all the images from that post, I took the liberty of venturing out and researching this era myself. It's always nice finding things out on your own.

Notice the choice of color and layout. I'd actually like to try my hand at designing a poster in a style similar to these. Maybe you will?

Well, if you do, link your design in a comment on this post. Also, if you have any suggestions on other unique eras of graphic design or a favorite, make sure to let me know. Enjoy!

Related Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment