Sunday, March 1, 2009

A New Motorcycle For Me

Many of you may not know, but last season I fell in love with riding motorcycles. I learned how to ride one and immediately bought one, influencing my father to make another bike purchase, which was a 1999 BMW R1200C. This season has rolled around and I was ready to get rid of my starter bike and upgrade. And, what an upgrade it has been!

Riding motorcycles is actually an extremely therapeutic form of relaxation. It is a bit of a cliche saying this, but you feel so free and alive! Riding motorcycles is unlike anything you will ever do and one of the most addicting interests I have ever had. During the winter season, I sometimes cry because I cannot ride. I don't really cry, but I've come close.

Below, you will see pictures of my new motorcycle, which is a 2003 BMW R1150RS.


I know this is not design related in the slightest bit, but I will do my best to relate it. Motorcycles are designed, just like all things. Design is the root of all things, whether it be your computer, car, desk lamp, cell phone, cereal box, or anything else imaginable. From 3D programs to pencil and paper sketches, every object you come in contact has been, in some way, shape, or form, designed.

Some food for thought!

Related Posts



1 comment:

  1. Niiiiiiice. I figure since I happened on your blog because of the bike, not for your designs, I'd leave a comment admiring the blue beast.

    Keep the rubber side down and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete