Friday, December 12, 2008

Attend Lucas Film Party You Will!

After a long day of working and visiting all of the SIGGRAPH events, I was ready to go to the electronic theater, where they show the best of the best in computer graphics for 2008. To my surprise, another student volunteer named Siva comes running into the student volunteer office and tells me that I am going to the Lucas Film party! You have to be invited for such an event and he got my name down on the list! I don’t know how, but he did it! And so, my plans for the night had drastically changed.

For all of you who don’t know, Lucas Film created Star Wars. Just a little famous. Kind of a big deal.

Again, we made our way to Clarke Quay, and to the club called the Arena, where the party was being held. Right when we arrived, I knew that this was going to be the coolest party I had ever been to. As you can see, from the pictures, they had storm troopers monitoring the entrance! We walk inside only to find an ice sculpture of Yoda and a star wars theme written all over the place. This party beats every single party I have ever been to in my life, including the Autodesk parties!

After me and the other student volunteers got the place to start dancing to the awesome music of this rap group from America, my friend Carlin and I met two of the coolest guys at Lucas Film Animation! Joe, who is the product manager, and Jason, who helps develop the Star Wars games you and I play. I was also very privileged to have talked to BZ Petroff (Director, Talent Acquisition) for a good half an hour! It did not seem real that we were partying with these people and that they were actually buying us drinks! Never will I forget these awesome people. When I come back to Singapore, there is no doubt that we will get together with them and do that again!

Oh, and to all you Star Wars fans, yes I know. I wish you could have been there too!

Related Posts



4 comments:

  1. New Orleans and Japan Zeb. We will be invited, if I have anything to do with it.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi josh thanks for mentioning mi name in your blog, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it Siva! Now post up those pictures of yours!

    ReplyDelete