Monday, December 15, 2008

Back To The Real World

Last night I arrived back in Indianapolis and came back to a room with only one bunk bed, not six. The sadness swept over me and I was truly upset to already be home. I will warn everyone right now that traveling out of the country for only a week is not enough, so if you plan to leave and visit another country, please take at least two weeks off. I promise you will thank me later. I wish I would have stayed longer, but there is not much I can do now. Although, I have heard many Singaporeans talking of starting up a fund to buy me another plane ticket, so I can visit them again this break. We'll see how that goes. Anyone want to donate?!

I met the greatest group of people while I was in Singapore. Every single one of them is an amazing person and I will never take that for granted! I don't think that the student volunteer committee could have chosen a better group of people and I applaud them for that. It is crazy to think that during only one week, you can get so attached to new friends. Apparently, it is totally true and I can vouch for that!


Now, I wait. I wait for SIGGRAPH in New Orleans, where I will see a select few of these wonderful people again, and then SIGGRAPH in Yokohama, Japan, where most of them are going to be able to attend. That will keep me happy, just knowing that I will be able to meet up with all of them again. I reccommend that, if you are not involved with SIGGRAPH and are a graphic designer, you do so. In my oppinion, you have to be crazy not to.

That is my rant for now. For all of those who I met in Sinapore, I cannot wait to meet up with you again. You are an amazing group of people and I hope to stay in touch with each and every one of you. No excuses! And I better be seeing you at another SIGGRAPH!

Back to the real world for now.

Related Posts



6 comments:

  1. Dammit Josh you're gonna make me tear up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Ahmad! It's what I do best. I will never forget how emotional you were during you final speech. That obviously means a lot and it really rubbed off on me.

    Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gCrap! now everyone is crying! i really miss the one week. Its like the best week of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, where are you in that group photo? It's like playin' where's Waldo, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not in this one because I took the picture. I am in all the others though. Haha! Thanks for searching so long though.

    ReplyDelete