Friday, December 12, 2008

The SIGGRAPH Asia Reception: Marina Barrage

Last night, I fell in love with Singapore all over again! I have never in my life seen a more beautiful city! When I say the pictures don’t do justice, this time I cannot express how much that means in this case. From this spot, which is set away from the city, you can see everything! The world’s tallest ferris wheel is the circle of lights, because I know you were asking yourself what that could be. Singapore is the most amazing city and to have seen it from this viewpoint was unreal.

We were on the roof of the building at Marina Barge and it was covered with grass and a paved sidewalk. It is actually very hard to explain exactly how this place was constructed because it is so unfamiliar to America. The pictures are dark, so it is difficult to see what I am talking about, but I should have better pictures in the near future from the other volunteers, so don’t worry. I’m sure they are much better than mine.

I’d also like to take this time to say that the student volunteers at this SIGGRAPH are the coolest group of people I have ever met at such an event. Everyone is from different cultures and so eager to talk and learn about each other. I have made the decision to say that this has been the best vacation and experience of my life thus far. The amazing friends that I have made combined with a country as beautiful as this makes me want to stay here forever. That sounds so cliché, but America really needs to get on top of its game, because, for now, Singapore takes the cake!


Related Posts



3 comments:

  1. thank you josh. But in this industry, America is at the top of the game. So no worries yet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh,

    Thanks for your very positive and interesting postings. I enjoy reading them. I am glad that you had a good time in Singapore. Just a correction, it's the Marina Barrage, not Marina Barge. The dancing fountain with coloured lights close to the reception area was shut down for repair that night, or else the place would be much much better.

    YT Lee
    SA 08 Conference Chair

    ReplyDelete