Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bailouts, Stimulus Packages, and Investments: Oh My!

All this talk about the economy and the money we have spent in the past two months has put me on the edge quite a bit. Trust me, it's not just me though. I don't agree with the way things are going and the "changes" that we are seeing, but that's not my place since this is, in fact, a graphic design blog, I'll let other critics share their thoughts.

These topics and words we keep hearing that are being thrown around the media sometimes loose their meaning. In this case, I would like to emphasize what $1 trillion looks like! With the money our government has been giving away lately, that number is actually common. Unbelievable, yes, but it will be even more unbelievable once you have seen these visuals.

I recently found an article in which the author decided to use Google Sketchup to create 3D $100 bills. The reason for this was to demonstrate the true weight of this high amount of money. I'll say one thing, it definitely has weight!

$100 (Contrary to popular belief, this is the largest US bill currently in circulation. I hope you knew that!)


$10,000 (This could fit in my pocket. I just may keep one of these handy for a rainy day.)




$1 Million (I could actually put this in a backpack and walk around without anyone noticing that I am actually in possession of that much cash!)



$100 Million (Not too bad. This fits nicely on a wooden pallet.)



$1 Billion (Now we are making some progress. I'd take it!)



$1 Trillion (That is a 1 followed by 12 zeros! Notice the pallets are stacked.)


Now when you hear the word "trillion" you may think twice and be more impacted about the topic being presented. I know I will!

Related Posts



4 comments:

  1. No!

    Remember, BoldHeart went bankrupt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could i have just a couple pallets of that. I've heard of money fights before, that much could kill someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sure! Just let me get your home address and I'll have that money delivered right to your door.

    Good thing you asked! ;)

    ReplyDelete