Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hi, I'm a MAC

Hello there, I'm a MAC. Yes, and I'm proud of it!

I was just introduced to a new commercial from the series of "Get a MAC" ads and laughed (hard) as usual. The thing that gets me is that they are so true. Alright PC users, bring it on. Try to prove me wrong and say that it is totally not worth the money buying a MAC. Say that Apple only makes a pretty product and a non-functional computer. Well, I'll tell you this, you're wrong!

Once you have used a MAC, there is no going back. I have paid the extra money to have this brand of computer for several reasons. For time's sake, I will list only a few:

1. Reliability: Apple computers are proven to last years longer than the same level PC. There are no viruses (don't tell me there are because I know there are, but it is incredibly unlikely you will ever get one). My iBook G3, which is close to 8 years old, is still in great condition for its hardware and model.

2. Hardware: I paid more for my MAC. I paid a lot more than you paid for your PC. Your PC has "more RAM" and a "faster processor." That's what you think. It's all in the operating system! I could have half the amount of hardware in my MAC than your PC and they will run close to the same speed just because of the amazing hardware that powers such a reliable OS.

3. Security: I know I touched on this above, but it's that important. I have never received a virus on any MAC I have ever owned. Ever! To add to this, none of my friends nor anyone I've read about has ever gotten a virus on their MAC. This is saying something because I can name several friends of mine who have gotten countless viruses on their PC. And please understand me when I say this, I do know that it has been demonstrated that you can give a MAC a virus. It's just as likely as getting struck by lightning.

4. MAC Users Love Their Computer: I love my computer and I could name tons of others who would never think about switching back to the PC world. That alone is saying something. You don't hear PC users saying that. There is something in that.

Like I said, these are just a small handful of reasons why I choose MAC over PC. There are so many more, but this gets the point across. I'd also like to take this time to say I am not apposed to PC's. In fact, I own one in order to run a certain 3D software, but that doesn't negate the fact that my heart lies in Apple. There is so much more I'd love to say on this topic, but I'll keep it brief and maybe post on this in a year. Who knows? For now, I leave you with the new commercial I spoke of at the beginning of this post. Enjoy!



/rant

Related Posts



5 comments:

  1. Josh. One reason to defeat all of yours on why I chose a PC over a mac.

    For what I got it was affordable.

    Show me a mac that can actually do real work that falls in the affordable range of 600-1000 dollars. Not too many (don't tell me that a mac mini could run photoshop, maya, illustrator, itunes, after effects simultaneously. And yes I do that with my pc). Macs are too expensive for what you get. I'll get a mac desktop eventually, mac pros are sexy. But when I can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what you got, it may have been affordable now. But, it will not last as long as my computer (MacBook Pro). I can run all those programs you listed and more at the same time with no lag easily!

    Like I said in the post, I chose to pay more for quality. I understand they are much more expensive. You get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also like everyone to take a look at this video. Just more concrete evidence:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLInPOMKLo8

    ReplyDelete
  4. mac 4 life!

    I've had macs go bad on me before, so they are not perfect, but I find I can get work done faster and work better using OS X more than in windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the midst of a much heated debate, the most prestige design blog of information decides to explain the reason more Windows users are switching to MAC. It also suggest many problems with the switch, in hopes to keep the article less one-sided. Definitely worth the read!

    http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/26/five-reasons-why-designers-are-switching-to-mac/

    ReplyDelete