Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Color Series: Orange

You are reading text on a screen right now. You are looking at colors, fonts, layout, and many other elements of design within this blog. This triggers subconscious thoughts in your brain that you are completely unaware of, at least the untrained mind is unaware of. Color choices and font decisions create moods, which the graphic designer tries to get across with their design.

As you have noticed, this blog have changed visually. The substantial change came about for a couple reasons. The first being that I had tampered with the old HTML so much that it was impossible to add handy dandy Blogger widgets, which I plan to incorporate more into my blog. Secondly, the old one felt plain and incomplete. As a designer, I coped with the flaw by adapting to my feelings about the it, hence the new and improved BoldHeart Blog!

So, what's your reason for the color scheme Josh? Well, for one, templates are wonderful and easy to modify. I got lucky and found a Blogger template very similar to the vision I had in my head of my new layout. Not quite the same as the BoldHeart visual identity, but close enough, still hinting the same 70's wallpaper and furniture colors.


Why hello 70's! How are you doing? I'm not sure if it's just me, but I am a very big fan of these color pallets. But why? Transition into brief color theory history blog post segment.

The colors are very warm. They almost make me want to hug them. Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. Sounds like a decent color to me. Basing design around this color scheme creates those emotions in the viewer. Orange is even said to increase oxygen supply to the brain, producing an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity.

To make a long story short, if you read this blog, it will make you smarter. It will induce happiness, creativity, encouragement, and more oxygen to your brain. So spread the word and tell your Facebook and Myspace friends of the blog that acts like an intense hair commercial: invigorating, stimulating, and full of babes in the shower! Oh wait! Scatch that last part.

Related Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment