Monday, January 26, 2009

Finished Character Concept Of Taylor

In my recent character concept post, I showed some very early sketches of what I wanted my character, Taylor, to look like. I also mentioned that there would be revisions to give him more unique characteristics to bring out the emotion he has been given during the story. He now has very simple features, but those of which will be able to visualize all of the emotion necessary for my animation.


As for a texture and how he will look as a 3D model, rather than a sketch, Taylor will have a smooth, plastic look to his outermost surfaces. The hinges and rods connecting his extremities will probably end up having metal or steel textures. Yes, he is a simple character. But, considering this is my first animation, I feel the need to stay simplistic is important. I will be focusing very hard on the story and character animation to elicit emotion from my audience.

Stay tuned for the soon to be completed storyboards! These will completely visualize, through 2D sketches, the entire animation from start to finish.

Oh, and I apologize for the not-so-great scans of my sketches. That is what happens when you get a free scanner/printer combo with your computer, so thanks for bearing with me.

Related Posts



2 comments:

  1. Josh. That is a bitchin' scan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for rubbing that in Zeb. I'm well aware. Haha!

    It will be bitchin' when I have the 3D model render!

    ReplyDelete