Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy 25th Birthday Macintosh

25 years ago today, Steve Jobs introduced the Macintosh to the world. This was an absolute turning point in the technology and engineering fields, which defined the way we use computers now. Apple engineers put in 90 hour work weeks to develop this amazing new technology, and I wish I could thank each and every one of them for it. It paid off! Who knows where computers would be today, if something had been different? This is an interesting topic to think about.


I can proudly say that watching the video of Steve Jobs introducing the computer in 1984 excited me, even though it is extremely hard to really appreciate the simple tasks that the machine was computing considering we can do so much with current technology. To the audience, at that time, this was unbelievable, and that is what I focus on.

Thanks to The Pixar Touch blog for the information. And to the innovators and creative thinkers, I thank you for shaping technology forever.

Related Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment