Saturday, January 24, 2009

Salvation Run

So, the semester is kicking into full gear and the projects are under way! Why do I use an exclamation mark after that sentence? I don't know. All that means is my stress levels will shoot through the roof, like usual. I guess one of these days I'll just get used to it. Anyways, I am taking yet another illustration class to increase my graphic knowledge.

This class is based around comics and illustrating them, which should be really fun because it's not everyday your textbook is one big comic. You don't believe me? Click that link. Yeah, pretty cool huh? I know. That is why I love what I study! To the point of this blog post though. Our first assignment is quite simple. Recreate a comic book cover of your choice. I chose this Salvation Run cover because I fell in love with the expression and limited color pallet, although I have never read Salvation Run. Expect to see my illustration of this within the next couple of weeks!

Related Posts



4 comments:

  1. We used that book too, it's really good. Goes through a lot of in depth stuff about comics that most people otherwise don't notice when just reading them. Is this project for 217? We didn't get to do that one, but looks like a cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it's really interesting and I would definitely agree with you that it speaks on things I would have never noticed before.

    This is a project for CGT 216. Close though. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Oh Seth.

    We all know that isn't tomato sauce. This guy is a finger painter and ran out of canvas, after finishing a red painting.

    Dah!

    ReplyDelete