Friday, January 23, 2009

A Sneak Peak At Early Character Concepts

I will be starting my endeavor into the tough part of my Introduction to Animation class very soon. Learning a new program in the span of a very short time is going to be very hard on me, but I have been trying to stay ahead of the deadlines and have been doing well so far! I would like to release some extremely simple concept sketches I have created of my character, Taylor.

I decided to keep the character very simple because I am not a very good character designer and I would much rather focus attention on the story and animation more than anything. This way, the audience may be drawn to those aspects more. The future will probably consist of some changes to this initial character, so you will be seeing revisions throughout my blog posts. Many of these changes will consist of giving Taylor more unique characteristics.

And yes, those are some hairs that were caught in the scan of my artwork. If you know me, you usually expect some hair in just about everything I do. That sounds wrong, but truthfully, I am a neat freak when it comes to my hygiene!

Related Posts



1 comment:

  1. Josh. To help yourself with character development try to imagine what Taylor's profession is. Where he group up, his age, if he is smart, or dumb, or irrational. Characteristics that tell you who he is if you never saw him move or say a word.

    That should help you out a ton!

    Great beginning!

    ReplyDelete